Wednesday 18 March 2009

Northern Express



Les Kenward waited at a crossing near Kuils River for the Northern Express. Sunlight was not ideal for pictures but still a great job done. Les says that the express looks full and well patronised.

What has come to my attention, ONLY monthly ticket holders can ride the train. Does anybody know if it is possible to ride the train for a single journey ticket purchase? If the train is full and no seats available as its over subscribed, then I hope SARCC will bring a 2nd set into the equation. Like the Pretoria <> Johannesburg route is doing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Craig,
    I registered at that railway forum website that you gave me last time you contacted me but the automatic response after registering was that someone will get back to me. Still waiting and it has been months. I am a contractor here at Metrorail Johannesburg and have been on both the Soweto and Tswane Business Expresses. Last year we installed free internet on the Pretoria route and tested tracking the train via Google Earth. I have lots of pics and wanted to post some on that forum. Give me your email and I can start sending the launch ones as long as you link back to my blog :-) (jeromeDOTwestATgmailDOTcom)

    ReplyDelete